Friday, September 26, 2008

Spaghetti Pie

There are many versions of this. Some have ground beef and some use cream cheese and sour cream mixed together. I prefer ricotta or cottage cheese. Anyway, I hadn't made it in years and I threw this together without a recipe and it was delicious. You can adapt it to your own preferences easily. I made two pies - great on the reheat.

3/4 of a box of whole wheat angel hair -cooked according to directions
2 eggs, beaten
about a half cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups or so of ricotta cheese (I use part skim for both this and mozzarella)
about 1 1/2 cups of fresh spinach sauteed in a little olive oil
fresh or dried oregano
1 jar of your favorite sauce or homemade sauce
mozzarella cheese, grated - 2 to 2 1/2 cups

Preheat oven to 350. Take the cooked pasta and mix with the Parmesan and beaten eggs. Put into pie plates and form a crust like base. I use ceramic pie plates which I brush with a little olive oil. Make sure to use large pie plates. Take the sauteed spinach and mix with the ricotta. Put this mixture into the middle of the pies and spread as best you can without disturbing the crust. Spread the sauce on top and sprinkle with oregano. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Put the mozzarella on top and cook for 5 more minutes. Enjoy.

No comments: