Sunday, May 03, 2009

Oreo Cheesecake

I first ran across this recipe on allrecipes.com while looking for a dessert to bring to a friend's. However, the version I found called for a springform pan, and I don't have one. As it turns out, I also didn't have an electric mixer, so I had to go out and buy one of those! So this is the version I used, with a pre-made crust I bought.

2 packages cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
Pre-made Oreo crust
12 Oreos

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Use electric mixer to mix the first three ingredients. When fully mixed, add the eggs. If you can, crush the Oreos in a food processor before you put them in, but you can also mix them in using the electric mixer (we don't have a food processor). Pour entire mixture into pre-made crust and pat down. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Refrigerate for 3 hours, then serve.

No comments: