Thursday, October 15, 2009

Beth's Low Sugar High Protein Breakfast Shake


I am not a breakfast person and loath the idea of eating meat so early in the morning, even though I know it will give me energy and stave off hunger for the first part of the day. Cereal, toast, or other "breakfasty" type products never last me until lunch, so I whipped up this recipe as a tasty, quick breakfast treat that is loaded with all the good protein, without all the carbs and sugar.

1 scoop Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser) Whey Protein Powder (triple chocolate, available at Wal-mart)
2 sm scoops Breyers Low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream
1.5 c skim milk or soy milk
1 heaping tbs of Smucker Natural Creamy Peanut Butter

Put all of this in a blender or food processor and blend thoroughly. Drink and enjoy!

More milk or soy makes it more watery, less makes it more like a thick milkshake - YUM!

No comments: