Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Beth's Blackberry Brie Chicken


8 chicken tenderloins (smaller strips, not breasts)
1/2 bag frozen unsweetened blackberries, thawed
1.5 c Marsala wine
1 round brie
3 sprigs mint
salt and pepper
1/4 olive oil

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place tenderloins in a casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper. Add oil and 1/2 cup wine to bottom of the casserole dish. Cook for 20 minutes. Place 1/2 bag of thawed blackberries and mint into food processor or blender; blend until smooth (or as smooth as you can get). Put blackberry mix and wine into a small saucepan. Heat on medium low for 15 minutes or less. (Do not overheat - it will boil and spit staining berry juice all over the kitchen - don't ask me how I know this). Cut rind off the brie and slice as well as you can into thin strips. When chicken is done, place cheese slices on chicken and cook for five more minutes or until cheese is melted. Total cook time should be 30-35 minutes. Serve chicken and cheese, and pour small amount of berry wine sauce on top. Decorate with a sprig of mint.

"This is a surprisingly light dish. I had a brie left over from a party when I made that cranberry brie dip. I found a bag of frozen berries in the freezer and wondered what those two might taste like on chicken. I was pretty surprised. I need to call subtitle this blog "Beth's Experimental Recipes". LOL. I might try the sauce over beef for a more hearty taste."

No comments: