Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Beth's Lemon Pepper Fried Shrimp with Tartar Sauce

1 lb fresh shrimp
1 lemon
1 tsp pepper
3/4 c soy flour
1/2 c vegetable oil

1 tbsp sweet relish
3 tbsp mayonnaise

Marinate shrimp with lemon and pepper overnight. When ready to cook, heat oil in a saute pan on medium high. Coat each shrimp in soy flour. Fry, flipping every few minutes, for about 10-12 minutes or until dark golden brown. Serve with "tartar sauce" of sweet relish and mayo mixed together. YUM!

"I have no idea how "low carb" this is so I didn't label as that, but I know its a lot better than most of those frozen prebattered shrimps or fish in boxes at the grocery store. I coated the shrimp very lightly. I didn't have the energy to figure out the carb content though. All I know is that it was totally tasty!!!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.